Monday, May 30, 2011

Grand Arche and Centre Pompidou



















As promised in the last post, here are photos of the Grand Arche (that's me at the bottom trying to look like I'm in The Sound of Music). I don't know why they came out so small. It doesn't really have the right effect...but anyway, the photos are here courtesy of the lovely Maeghan Dolan.



And here's one from Pompidou, courtesy of the wonderful Vanessa Silva. It's me and Darth Vader's helmet.










And those down there are photos of Pompidou I found on the internet. Yes, this bizarre structure that's kind of reminiscent of a McDonald's playground or some extra-terrestrial jungle gym is indeed a museum, one that I highly recommend you visit if you're ever in Paris. That caterpillar-like tunnel going up the side is the escalator you take to the top to see the amazing view, where they play the weird tribal humming noises. The inside of the place is even more amazing!



































No comments:

Post a Comment